Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Whoooo

Man, I suck as a blogger. I'm pretty bad at keeping up to date with this whole... posting thing.

Basic rundown I guess.

Back at the woodshop, been there about a month. Back to the same old tricks, sanding, veneering, hauling stuff, gluing stuff, making panels (NO I DO NOT MAKE CHAIRS), staining and the like. Learned how to hand carve, not particularly well, but I'm pretty damn pleased with what I've done. Also will be learning how to use the spray gun for finishing, which is also cool. Yay chemicals.

Artistically, I've kind of been half heartedly sketching. I've been working on people and dear god does that suck. I'm pretty sucky so far. Maybe I'll get around to drawing myself, I've done one or two, but I tend to draw out my imperfections when I draw me, so they... um.. look kind of ugly. Anywho... hopefully Bossman will look at some of my stuff and let me build it. I have kind of a cool idea for a stained glass piece. Although where the hell I'd find the material or the funds to do so I will never know.

Socially... most of my friends are in different states. I've been out to NJ to visit the one and only Rob, which was simply wonderful. We went and saw Wall-E which I thought was cute. And I really want to buy a little robotic one. Mostly because it's spazzy. Like me. I've also been down to UD to visit Vince and help him move in for the summer, as well as to kind of half-assedly look at my apartment. I've got to really get working on that. And get down there to see the one Miss Beautiful Katie. Because really, who doesn't love her? I also got out to Philly for a day, visiting an old high school friend. Saw Temple University for the first time, and ate some Mexican food. It was ok, we watched Borat, which was also ok. Better than I thought, but maybe not my favorite. It was more fun catching up for 2 hours at a Starbucks. I've hung out with Ronen a couple more times since, we've got a plan to watch Titanic sometime later too (apparently one of the other greatest movies of all time). I'm heading down to DC to see Brooke this weekend (And The Dark Knight, which I am so excited about) which'll be fun too. I haven't been around DC as a non-tourist. Or with a non-tourist. And I am either going to get up to NYC or have Kate down. Hopefully soon. And Katie L will be back from Europe any day now. THANK GOD. It sucks having friends so far away, especially with gas costing what it does. Thank goodness for moneys and a job. How I loves them.

Anywho, I guess that's basically what's up right now... besides my lungs trying violently to break free from my chest. That's fun. Really.

And I'm officially a coffee-addict. Two French vanilla creamers, three packets of sugar. Stirred.

No comments: