Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just a couple thoughts

I haven't updated in a while, I thought it was about time to post something!

1.  Dad just came in to say goodnight.  He smelled like Listerine and was wearing his retainers.  He's kind of adorable sometimes.  Also, maybe because I'm wearing running shoes and he was barefoot, but I feel like he's getting shorter, or I'm getting taller.  I'm hoping for the former, I couldn't stand to be taller than I am. 

2.  I have put on every friggin' pound I lost before London in November.  DAMNIT.  Granted, I haven't been getting to the gym or eating particularly healthy, so it's to be expected, but I swear from the lightest I was Freshman year to now I've put on 45 pounds.  I'd be happy dropping about 30 of those to start, about 35-40 to be really really happy.  I know I'm still pretty, and I do like having curves, but when I see people from high school or those super skinny in shape girls at the gym (not the emaciated ones, those make me sad) I want to just stop eating and run on a treadmill until there's nothing left on my body but muscle.  I hate feeling jiggly, I hate not fitting into clothes, I hate being the size I am.  My main problem is that I don't have a "oh I shouldn't eat that, I'm trying to be healthy" attitude, I have a "Hell yeah I'll have two slices of cake and double helpings because it's TASTY!" attitude.  My attitude does not help lose weight.  That and I'm still not 100% honest with myself about the fact that my metabolism is so not what it used to be.

3.  I've gotten into the habit of checking everything all the time.  Forums for comics, my emails, random things on the internet.  It's like I can't entertain myself unless I'm doing something on my phone.  Ridiculous.  I need to read a book.

4.  I've been studying for the GREs and they scare the crap out of me.  I'm super nervous about them because I basically get one shot, at least for free.  Dad is paying for the first test, if I feel like I should retake it, it's $160 on me.  Ouch.  I guess that's why I'm trying to prep ahead of time as much as possible.  3 months and counting.

5.  I really wish I'd been able to drive down to see Matt tonight instead of waiting to tomorrow.  I've been up since 5:45, which is probably not great for driving, as well as the fact that the roads were kind of iffy this morning.  I figure I'll shoot to be there around the time he gets home from work.  Hopefully I'll be able to get into his driveway.

6.  I miss snuggling.

7.  I never seem to get to the point where EVERYTHING is put away.  I get about 90% of the way there, and then there's laundry that's up drying that isn't put away, or there are things on my desk that should really be sorted.  Last night I slept with DVDs on half of my bed because I just couldn't be bothered to put them where they belong before I fell asleep.  I don't know why I am this way.  I really love organization, but I tend to tackle too much at once.

Anyway, that's about it.  We got crazy amounts of snow over the past week, I think we had a total of about 40 inches at my house.  We have a 5 or 6 foot tall pile next to my driveway just from clearing the front path and part of the drive.  There are two more giant piles at the bottom of the driveway, you kind of have to pray no one is coming when you go to leave. Hope you all are having a great week!

No comments: