Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bummer

Relationships are great, right?

Well, yes, they can be.  Especially in the honeymoon phase where you're all stupidly starry-eyed and no one has done anything wrong yet.  This is my favourite phase of the relationship.  I love this phase.  You're just past being worried about scaring them away with your giant bag of crazy past history, but you haven't gotten to the point where the magic is completely gone.

That being said, I friggin' suck as a friend during this phase.  I disappear. I get so wrapped up in this new whatever that I just want to spend as much time as humanly possible with my significant other and completely ignore the rest of the world.  What's worse is that I know I do it. I know. I see myself go and make plans with my significant other and not leave a second of time for anyone else.  What sucks is that it is rarely the s.o.'s fault. It's completely mine.  This little beauty of a personality defect is 100% me oriented. Not only will I ignore friends who kept me company when I was lonely and trying to adjust, or family members who are trying to get a hold of me to make sure I'm alive, but I'll also blow off school work and readings just so I can spend more time in that little perfect sphere.

I need to change this.

It is not healthy.

No comments: