Sunday, September 1, 2013

My Dissertation

There is something about a looming deadline that makes me very productive.  The problem is that my productivity involves getting every thing else that I needed to get done finished instead of whatever it is that is due.  My dissertation has been sitting at a lamentable (and laughable) 10,000 words for the past two weeks, I only need another 3500 to hit the minimum word count, 5000 to hit the maximum.  The problem is that I can think of about 100 hundred other things that I could do instead.

20 Things I've Done INSTEAD of my Dissertation:

1. Cleaned my room.
2. Reorganised my books.
3. Done laundry.
4. Gone to Scotland.
5. Read a 400 page book.
6. Read another 400 page book.
7. Caught up on some movies I've never seen, such as When Harry Met Sally, Pretty Woman, and Magic Mike.
8. Found out Cleopatra is a 4 hour long movie and watched it anyway.
9. Caught up on some movies I've seen about a hundred times, such as The Swan Princess, Up, The Rescuers Down Under, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
10. Watched 3 seasons of Qi.
11. Gone rock climbing.
12. Gone running.
13. Wandered aimlessly up and down the aisles of Sainsbury's.
14. Wandered around London to look at hidden gardens.
15. Looked at flats on spareroom even though I'm not moving for at least a year.
16. Looked at flights to see where Sean and I should travel to next.
17. Looked at just about every cute cat picture on the internet.
18. Caught up on Jenna Marbles.
19. Folded origami.
20. Looked at desk organisers, and desks, decided against all of them.

So that, ladies and gentleman, is how I've avoided doing any work for the past few weeks. Good for me. And now I guess I can add "wrote a blog post" to that as well....


No comments: