Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's

I have to admit, this isn't one of my favorite holidays. Generally, I'm not too good at pranks, I just can't think of any that aren't completely lame or highly offensive.  I leave this holiday to the pros.  However, I am exceedingly glad that my office has chosen to participate (as did the weather today, thanks Mother Nature for throwing snow at us on the first of the "spring" months!).

Today:

My boss sent out an email to all of the territory managers and commercial salesmen saying that there had been a major transformer blowout and our location was out of power/phones and would not be able to process orders.  (She did include an "April Fools!!!!" at the bottom of the email, but it still got quite a few people.)

One of my coworkers, B, kept calling my cubicle-mate saying he wanted to order 19 rooftop units and giving bogus information.  Poor CM was so confused over the whole thing that when he turned to me to talk about this "mysterious caller" I lost it and cracked up.

Sam changed the screensavers and backgrounds on everyone's computer.  Mine said "I LIKE TURTLES" with a drawing of a turtle.

All in all it was a pretty uneventful but pretty humorous day.  And it's not even over yet.

No comments: