Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Happiest I've ever been

I'm writing this to try to keep my mind off of how awful I feel. For some reason I've been headachey and nauseous for the past two days, on and off. I'm trying to fight off a wave.

Anyway, the purpose of this entry is to write about my recent reinforcement of my belief in soulmates (I apologize ahead of time if there are any serious grammatical or spelling errors).

This past weekend I went down to Salisbury to visit Matt (he loves posts like this). Over all, the weekend was pretty fun, we went to Ocean City one night and played mini golf and walked the boardwalk, we played disc golf and Matt taught me how to play better and, y'know, aim. However, my absolute favorite day of this weekend was Saturday. Saturday is quite possibly my favorite day ever, and certainly the happiest I've been that I can remember.

Saturday didn't start out any differently than any other day. In fact, it started off kind of icky. We woke up, puttered around trying to figure out what to eat. I got a little stir crazy after lunch at Checkers (enough to make any day a good day) and decided that we needed to get out of the house. We headed to the Salisbury Zoo, somewhere I haven't been in about 3 years. Last time I went, it was freezing cold out. This time, it was a beautiful sunny day, not too hot, and not humid. It was wonderful. We walked around the zoo, looked at the bears, giggled over the beavers and their tail plates, but the ultimate, absolute best part, were the otters. They'd just been fed, and they were slipping and sliding all over the place with little fish hanging out in their mouths. We sat and watched them for a good 15 minutes, before moving on, and then came back and watched for another 1o or so minutes. The two boy otters were playing and fighting with each other, making really cute little squeaky noises, while the girl was just chomping away on the same piece of fish. It was really adorable. I love them. They're my favorite animals by far.

After the zoo, we went and got milkshakes from Tastee Freeze, or however you spell it. The chocolate milkshake was probably one of the top 3 I've ever had. It was delicious. After that, we went to the park, sat on the swings, walked over the big bridge and sat by the fountain. It was really just lovely.

The best part of this entire thing was that Matt seemed to know where I wanted to go before I even knew. Everywhere we went was exactly where I wanted to be. I was worry-free, completely content. I don't think I've ever had a minute where I've been both happy and worry-free. Not within the past 10 years. To have an entire afternoon of that was simply amazing. I've never felt that calm and just... right. I was exactly where I was supposed to be with the right person. I've always sort of believed in soulmates, for a while I never thought I'd find mine. Matt's been convincing me over the past 8 months that he's my soulmate, and with Saturday I think he sealed the deal.

I know it's mushy, and I know that it doesn't seem like what happened on Saturday was all that exciting or eventful, but if I've found someone who can give me even an hour of that peace, I want to hold on to them for as long as humanly possible. : )

No comments: