Monday, June 21, 2010

You Already Know

Dear you, you know who you are,

I know this is probably a futile gesture.  I know that you will interpret it as you will, and honestly, there's nothing I can do to prevent that.

I meant what I said last night.  This isn't some sort of vindictive or jealous out lash.  It isn't me being angry and cutting you off out of spite.  I hope that maybe a month from now, we can try this again, and you'll see that the distance was good.

At the very least, let this hurt that you have now, or this anger, or whatever emotion it is that you're feeling, drive the two of you together.  Even if it is a bond against me, me being a bitch, me being cruel, me being heartless, it's something that strengthens what you have.  And believe me, you will need that connection to be strong for what you're about to do together.

I hope she's as wonderful and exciting and fun as you thought at the beginning and that the original impression doesn't fade.  I hope you're happy together.  I wish there was a way you could see the sincerity of those words, but I know it'll be misconstrued as sarcastic or biting.  I don't feel even the slightest bit bitter.  I feel sad, but more in a nostalgic sense than I did at the beginning.  What we had was good.  I wish I had seen more of that towards the end, but I still believe that my decision was the right one.  We both needed to mature, and maybe one day it'll work, but I think at this point, most likely not.

I do want you as a friend.  Down the road, not right now.  I don't think you're capable of it.  I don't think I'm capable of it.

After all, I'm always right ;)

With love,
Liz

No comments: