Friday, September 5, 2008

The Beginning of the End

The start of my senior year has been genuinely good. I mean that my roommates are good, my classes are good, my apartment is good... everything seems to be going smoothly. It kind of makes me wonder what's going to go horribly wrong.

Anyway. My roommates are pretty great. Two of them I absolutely adore and the third is growing on me. It's a good apartment, I have my own room, with my own bathroom, and my own queen sized bed to pass out in every night. The location is maybe 4 or 5 blocks from campus, at least the Old College/Recitation Hall area, which is where most of my classes are. It's about a 10-15 minute walk, which is good exercise in my book.

So far the professor for my American Art History class is pretty good. She doesn't seem to be terribly wrapped up in expectations, the work load is pretty light, and she's a good lecturer. The 50 minutes fly. It also helps that I know a bunch of people in the class.

My African American Art professor is blatantly new at this. She's assigned more work than necessary and has kind of high expectations for a class of 10 people. However, the final project is right up my alley (we're curating an imaginary exhibition) and the material is really interesting so far even if she does include some random unnecessary information in lecture.

Color Mixing and Matching, while tedious, is not so bad. I know a few people in the class, and Hilton is not as scary as I thought he would be. However, we do have to organize 314 color sheets from lightest to darkest disregarding hue. Trying to decide if royal blue is darker than red is starting to make my brain twitch.

20th Century Italian lit is actually really good. I forgot how much my brain misses Italian, and the class seems like a good group of people and the books will be interesting. Plus I love Prof. Salsini, she's awesome, even if she is enforcing the formal Lei on us out of nowhere.

Traditional Japanese Printmaking hasn't met yet. Hopefully it'll be good, at the very least I have my best friend (and roommate) in the class with me.

So far so good, we'll see how the semester progresses.

No comments: