Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What Unemployment Means to Me

Hello All,

After wrapping up work a week and a half ago, I have come to the realization that I really, really need something to do on a daily basis.  I woke up this morning at 7:30 and laid in bed until 11.  Purely because I had nothing pressing to do and nowhere I needed to be.

This, to me, is unacceptable.  I'm a pretty productive person, and don't get me wrong, I do love a good lazy day, but I need something to get me to drag my butt out of bed in the morning. I know, there are a few things I could be doing, I could continue to go through my closet, maybe do some laundry, cancel my car insurance... but I still feel like I have so much time to get all of that done.

Basically, not having a job? Not nearly as cool as I thought it would be.  Maybe if I was at the beach all the time.  Maybe if I lived in a city and could just walk around for hours and see the people watch.  But in suburbia?  Forget it.  There are only so many times you can circle the mall before it's time to go home.

So, ladies and gentlemen, here is my recommendation to you:  Keep your jobs.  Or, find some way to fill your days, because this whole "free time" thing is just not up to snuff for me.

I'm going to go work on solving world hunger.  Or do some laundry.  Anything to make me feel like I've accomplished something today.

Later!
L

No comments: