Saturday, January 16, 2010

Awkward positions

I love coming down to Salisbury. Despite the long drive and the occassional idiot driver, I really enjoy being down here. I really like the people I see here and I like the things we do, but I find myself sort of in a weird position. This weekend Matt had to work Saturday, so I've had two days where I've had to entertain myself. I want to call people up to hang out but I realized one, I don't have any numbers, and two, I don't really know if anyone would want to. I feel very much like the friends here and Matt's friends, and I like them all but I haven't had much one on one time with any of them and wouldn't know how hanging out would go. The other thing is that everyone has been friends with everyone since middle or high school, and that's a really hard thing to break in to. I've been coming down here for over a year and I still don't know half of the references or stories and it's hard to feel involved with the conversation or feel like I really belong because I'm on the outside.

I know it's kind of silly. But I really do wish I had friends here for this reason. It hasn't been a bad weekend, not by any means, but I feel like I wish I had someone else to keep me company on days like today.

2 comments:

Emily said...

443-614-9748 Next time you're down and Matt has to work, text me! Maybe we can do girl stuff like get our nails done or go shopping (Hah! Okay, I'm poor but we can pretend shop!) I'm about to go to the gym or I'd say we can do something now. But next time you're in town DEF. Get up with me.

Also, don't feel bad. I actually stopped hanging out with them for sort of that same reason. I felt like I stopped fitting in because I couldn't hang out all the time (because of school, and having other friends) and then it felt like whenever I came back people were kind of rude to me... and I was used to the way people acted so I was always getting offended. And idk, I think it's more complicated than that, but this is the internet, so I'll save that for another time.

But yes DEF. Get up with me next time you're in town and lonely. :o) I love hanging out with grils and doing girly stuff, but I never really get a chance too. And it's going to be esp. hard because my closest friend just started a teaching job, and I know she's going to be super busy from now on. :(

Liz said...

Aw thanks!! I'll definitely call you next time I'm
in town. I love gettin pedicures and manicures (I could totally use one right now. It's awful) and it'd be great to see you!! 215-380-1302