Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Life and Other Things

I thought I'd just list a few of the things I'd like to do with my life. I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do and what's important to me. These aren't in any particular order, it's just part of the muddle in my noggin.

Things I'd Like to Do with My Life:
1. Be an art conservator. It's what I went toschool for and I think it's a fascinating field. The only problems are the amount of schooling I need to do, the working with dangerous chemicals, the high levels of stress and the high profile work. I'm interested in furniture and objects and I've always loved museums.

2. Be an art historian. I minored in art history, and while I love art, art history gives the background and quirky stories that I love too. While not as hands on as art conservation, it still gives me plenty of reason to hang out at museums and stare at art. Plus it'll give me plenty of reason to write which is one of my favorite thing to do.

3. Be an art history or art conservation professor or guidance counselor. Essentially, I might just want to teach my passion instead of do it. Mold young minds and the like.

4. Make sculptures. I love building and carbon and making things. I think it'd be great to be able to actually support myself on my
art alone. Plus I've always wanted a studio.

5. Make replica antiques. I like furniture a lot, and anyone who saw my jewelry box knows my interest in quirky antique style. I really enjoyed building it although I didn't like the deadline being so soon. I think I'd like doing that for a living too, where I make modern replicas of antiques so that collectors can have the look they want and the museums can keep the actual antiques for the public to see.

6. Deal with antiques or be a buyer. Pretty self explanatory, but I think it'd be fun to go around to places lookin for the best examples of different things.

7. Get married. I really want to be married, more specifically I really want to marry the person I'm with. I just don't think I'm in the right place right now to do that, but maybe in a year or two or so I'll be ready.

8. Have kids. 2, Hannelore Elizabeth and Christopher James. I don't know what it is, but lately I've been really convinced that I should
have kids and that I'd really do ok. Not for a hood long while, mind you, but one day. When I'm 29. Or 30.

9. Travel. I like going places I've never been and seeing places. I also really like knowing where things are, zo it's a litle Botox a contradiction.

I also came up with a little list of things I'd like to do before I die:
1. Take a roadtrip crosscountry
2. Visit all 50 states
3. Go back to Italy
4. Learn to surf/windsurf
5. Go to the Greek Isles
6. Write a book
7. Sell a piece of my own art
8. Make a table
9. Carve something to completion
10. Go to Egypt to see the pyramids
11. Learn how to cook really well

alright, that's it for now!

No comments: