Sunday, January 3, 2010

A new year, a new perspective

Happy 2010, everybody.

Bear with me, I'm trying to write a post on my phone, it's already proved more difficult than I imagined.

It's that time of year again when we make promises to ourselves which, for the most part, fallthrough after a few weeks. Having failed several times, I've decided that my resolutions should be monthly, not yearly. That is my goal. Some of them will carry into other months, especially ones that I've failed in previous months. Maybe if I keep things short term I'll be better off.

Here's hoping.

For this month:
1. Eat better. This means more vegetables, less cheeseburgers. I'm also tring to cut out as much fast food as I can. It shouldn't be too bad, I got a new cookbook for Christmas and I'll start making lunches the night before so I won't be too lazy and end up ordering crap. I also want to cut down on the amount of snacking I do and drink more water.

2. Excercise more. I want to go to the gym or go for a walk or do somehing at least 4 days a week. I'm tired of feeling heavy and seeing that number on the scale. I can't sit still for any longer. It makes me cranky.

3. Be more pleasant. I think eating better and exercising more will help this. I tend to get really cranky and annoyed, and I tend to take that out on the people I care about. I also need to find a better way to release my stress.

4. I want to apply to a job each week. And study for the gres and chem.

Alright, that's it! Best of luck :)

No comments: