Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow

Snow is probably my second favorite meteorological event.  My first is definitely raging thunderstorms with big flashes of lightning, loud bangs of thunder, and pounding rain, especially if they knock out the power and I don't have anywhere to go.  There's something soothing about sitting in candlelight and listening to rain hit the roof.

Snow, however, is so peaceful in comparison.  I love the quiet that falls over the world when the snow is falling.  I love how pristine it looks, how soft and fluffy it is, and how it falls and sticks to the world.  I love how the moon reflects off it at night and makes everything bright and sparkling.  It never fails to make me feel calmer and more relaxed (this is, of course, when I don't have to shovel it or drive in it). 

I love snow, I love snowmen and sledding and igloos.  It just brings out the 5 year old in me.

So that is all, that is my update on snow, and I know a lot of people are annoyed that it's getting in the way, but try and think about how great it is to snuggle up indoors and watch it fall gently to the ground.

No comments: