Monday, January 18, 2010

My "Mild" OCD Internet

This is my morning/daily routine, as far as the internet is concerned. Be afraid.

6:00 am- Alarm goes off. I turn it off, text "I love you" to Matt (unless he beats me to it like he did this morning), then check my email. If there is nothing leading me to another site, I check my twitter app.

6:05-6:20- Check webcomics in alphabetical order according to url, feel free to check them out:
Candi Comics- www.candicomics.com 
           Story of a college art major and her friends.  The art is sort of quirky and childish, but it fits the story and I like it.  MTRF updates.  Very consistent.
Control-Alt-Delete- www.cad-comic.com/cad
           (I've been a little disappointed as of late, it's a gamer comic and I just don't really care all that much.  Plus a lot of random and dramatic things happen to the main character, but I won't stop checking it because it's in my flow.  Also, I know it's out of alphabetical order, but they just changed the url it used to be ctrl-alt-del.com/ something or another.  So no, not wrong, just used to the way I've been doing it for years.) MWF updates.  Very consistent.
Order of the Stick- www.giantitp.com
           D&D-esque adventure with stick figures.  I really like the story line but he almost never updates, so it's maybe once a week.  I check daily because, well, I do.  I think there's personal health issues or something involved, and if so, I hope he gets better!
Least I Could Do- www.leasticoulddo.com
       Rayne is a manwhore and I love him.  That is probably the only time I will ever say that, but the art is well done and the storyline makes me laugh.  Plus, his niece is adorable. Updates everyday, very consistent with a special "Beginnings" section on Sundays that are more like Calvin and Hobbes, one of my all time favorites.
Penny and Aggie- www.pennyandaggie.com/index.php
        High school story, it's progressed greatly in it's storyline, although I feel like I've kind of outgrown it.  It's sort of taking a less-interesting turn now that the two nemesis are getting along. Updates MWF, very consistent.
PvP Online- www.pvponline.com
        Another gamer comic that I really like a lot.  It's turned more into a story about the characters, and I really like Scott Kurtz's work and art.  It's been a pleasure to read and I absolutely love Scratched Fury.  Updates M-F, consistently with little blips when there are outside emergencies.
Questionable Content- www.questionablecontent.net
        There are no words for how much I love this comic.  It's basically a real life scenario, but I love the characters and the art has gotten so great since panel one, it's been great to read.  It also has one of my favorite panels of all time in it, especially since I used to do this all the time at college: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=469 Panel 4 is the greatest thing of my life. Updates M-F, significantly more regularly than it did before, which makes me really happy.  Even if it doesn't update, he at least tries to fill in with some kind of "explanation" filler comic, ie the Yelling Bird.

6:20-6:25- Online Adorable
www.icanhascheezburger.com  -LOLCats.  LOVE THEM.
 www.ihasahotdog.com- Essentially the same thing, but with dogs.

6:25-6:30- Facebook
First I check Restaurant City, feed my people, pick up the trash, and fix whatever is broken.  I then go down the line of friends' restaurants and help them to get my experience.
I then go to Farmville, where I just check my farm.

6:30
Curse profusely as I run to brush my teeth and get dressed.

6:40-6:55- make lunch, eat breakfast, wake up.

6:55- 7:00- leave house to make it to work by 7:30.

I will recheck twitter and my email at least 3 times during the work day.

When I get home I recheck twitter, my email, write a blog, or read a blog, stalk on facebook for a little, feed my people on restaurant city, help my neighbors on farmville, harvest what I need to and then text and tweet random crap.  Also, if there are any sites I missed or didn't update on time, I recheck to see if things have changed since I was at work.  Also, if I know a comic doesn't update on a certain day, I skip over it to the next one on the alphabetical list.  This means that Thursdays I'm almost never late for work, while Mondays I almost always am (even if no one really knows it because it's like 3 minutes late and I'm there 10 minutes before everyone else).

So there.  Tah-dah! OCD :)

G'night!

PS I've been trying for 20 minutes to find my favorite panel, but QC is really slow tonight :(

No comments: